domingo, 22 de dezembro de 2013

90's brightest and funnest momments and quotes (part 2): Raul Julia, El Puertorriqueño Rei del Humor

Well, it's been a while since I last posted. I've been too busy lately setting up  my one year trip to the US and trying to keep up with my Med School. But no excuses anymore. Let's go back to the 90's again and check the best quotes from Raul Julia's 90's work on Addam's Family Duology and The Street Fighter The Final Battle. These films are probably under rated today, especially the latter, but when it comes to Raul Julia's talented acting performance and comical skills, there's no doubt the guy was a genius. Hollywood lost a lot with his death, and next year will be his 20's death anniversary (It sounds creepy to state like that but maybe that's the way Mr. Gomez Addams would like to be remembered). Only God knows the wanders this man could have accomplished if he were still alive. It's not by chance I'm a huge fan of his work: He made what I consider the best 3 comedies of the 90's and that's all I know so far of his work. I definitely  need to see his previous films.


RAUL JULIA in THE ADDAMS FAMILY (1991)

Quote 1


- Have no fear, Justice shall prevail. The courts will decide.
They say a man who represents himself has a fool for a client. Well with God as my witness I am that fool!




Quote 2 (Cara Mia)

- Oh, Tish, that's French.
- Oui. (Morticia)
- Cara mia!



RAUL JULIA in STREET FIGHTER THE LAST BATTLE (1994)
Fan boys can say what they want but Raul Julia saved SF the Last Battle from being an ordinary terrible game adaptation to be one of the greatest comedies of all time.




Quote 3 (For me, it was Tuesday)


 





Quote 4 (Pax Bisonica)




Quote 5 (Bison Dollars)





So, what do you think? What are your thoughts on Raul Julia? What other moments of his career should be added? Leave me a comment or a link. Be always welcome and Merry Christmas!




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário